This discussion summarizes the issues related to starting and operating a winery in BC. Significant topics that are covered and which may affect business plans include:
- Provincial licensing rules governed by the LCRB (Liquor Control & Licensing Act)
- Provincial rules administered by the BC LDB (Winery categorization as land-based or commercial)
- Provincial rules governed by the Agricultural Land Commission (applicable to any wineries located in the Agricultural Land Reserve)
- BC Wine Authority (VQA) rules
- Summary of Additional Federal rules (Excise Tax Act) and Municipal rules
This article/information is only available to subscribers. Please click here to subscribe to a subscription plan in order to view this article/information.